Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Cheesy Zucchini | Food & Drink

Whilst perusing Pinterest I came across this recipe. I love this recipe. It's super quick, super easy, and best of all super cheap!  Start off with how ever many zucchini you want. Mark and I had two small zucchinis tonight. Normally I make one each (2 halves), but we only had rice with it so I made more.  I like it best with baked fish. I will post that another time! Okay, anyways -zucchinis...

Chop off the ends and split them in half. Lay them on a baking sheet (I put foil down on the pan so it's a quick wash after). Drizzle on some olive oil -but don't get too crazy with it or your oven will be all greasy, and well, so will your zucchinis. Then I add a seasoning called garlic plus as well as oregano. You can add whatever you want, these are just my favorites.

Then I whip out a tomato- bet you weren't expecting that! Dice it up and throw it on top of the zucchini.  After that, get out some cheese and grate it on. I like old cheddar cheese because it's a bit stronger than other cheeses. Zucchini isn't SUPER flavorful on it's own, so this is a good combo. Be creative!

Once you're done, throw it in the oven around 350 degrees for maybe 20 minutes. You will start to smell it and the ends will start to shrivel. This is what it will look like when it comes out:


Enjoy! If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

No comments: