Saturday, 20 July 2013

Easy Pumpkin Cake | Food & Drink

I had a weird craving for pumpkin, but I prefer cake over pie, so I thought hmmmm.... I made banana muffins with cake mix and bananas- what's stopping me from making pumpkin cake with cake mix and pumpkin?! I thought I was so clever until I did a search on internet- it's been done. So I tried it, and it turned out awesome! I got my pumpkin fix. Yes, I know it's summer, and I shouldn't want pumpkin anything yet.

You will need:

For the cake:
-1 large can of pumpkin puree
-1 spice cake mix box

For the cream cheese icing:
-2 blocks of cream cheese
-1/4 cup of softened butter
-5 cups of icing sugar (I think this is insane... I made half this recipe and only put just less than 2 cups of sugar in and it was PLENTY sweet enough. I found out today my mom makes her cream cheese icing with honey so I will try that next time, and let you know if there's a difference!)

Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until the knife you insert comes out clean (no batter sticks to it).

I plan to turn these into cupcakes in the near future so stay tuned!



I was watching The Women in bed with my, at least, second piece of cake. (Great movie by the way!)


No comments: