Tuesday, 16 July 2013

Spinach Feta Salad | Food & Drink

Hope you are all having a great evening! I am going to show you guys a recipe I made up about 5 years ago and SWORE I would never show anyone because it is so yummy!! AND it's great for you. The most fantastic part of this salad- NO DRESSING! This salad is also filling enough to eat as a meal. You could add meat to it if you wanted, but if you are on a budget, or don't eat meat, jack up the amount of mushrooms- those guys fill you up!

You will need:
-A bag of spinach
-1 Bell pepper (whatever color you want, I used red and yellow)
-1/2 of a red onion
-Mushrooms
-Montreal Steak Spice
-Garlic Plus
-Pepper
-Feta Cheese

First you will want to chop up all your vegetables.  When I had a grill, I used that because it was much better than a frying pan, but I don't have one anymore. With the grill, or a big frying pan, put about a tablespoon of olive oil in the pan and spread it around. Crank up the heat to almost maxium, get the pan hot, hot, hot then throw those veggies on and here them sizzle. Caution: Open those windows if you are going to crank up the heat- it get's smokey. Do not stir them around. Let them grill on one side before flipping them. When I was using the frying pan, this was too difficult so I just fried them up.  But the key is to not get them limp (like mine, but it's also your preference). If your pan is hot, and they don't stay on there too long, and if there is as much space in the pan as possible they won't go limp and squishy. When they are spread out they don't get watery. I obviously didn't have a choice.  Take them off the pan, and throw them straight into the bed of spinach. Top with cubed feta cheese. Eat it while it's hot. What's great about this salad is that if there's leftovers and your spinach is on the soggy side that's okay! Because spinach tastes great either way. Not that there will be leftovers, trust me.

I really need a big frying pan, and a wok






Let me know how you like it! If you have any question, just ask!

No comments: